Jarritos Flavor City Winners—Congrats!

Jarritos opened up an art contest looking for community participation and innovative, creative expression. With over 150 entries they received some pretty fine artistic goodness. Some of the judges included: Mike Maxwell, Jeff Soto, Jesse Hernandez, URB Magazine, Tribal, myself and more. I always wish to be looking in on the process with everyone in one place at one time to see what really sparked each judge’s feelings behind each entry. (Above, Andrez J Wieteszka).

Link

Super congratulations to Oscar Meza, Zofia Bogusz and Geraldine Said. Oh yes, and all of the entries, as Jarritos Flavor City never looked better. Here is a look at the winners and a couple pics of pieces I really loved. (Above, Minerva T).

First Place : Oscar Meza : Student, San Diego : CA
“What inspired my piece started off as some sketches on a pad. Being that Jarritos was founded in Mexico, I wanted my illustration to reflect that authenticity. It almost felt obvious to incorporate a Luchador. I wasn’t sure who I was drawing at the time; but ironically, some of my friends said that the character kind of looked like me.”

“Wining this competition has made my year. It is such an honor to have been chosen amongst the other great competitors. I feel very lucky and humble to have won. Winning the year supply of Jarritos has made my belly smile, and having my art published has fed my artistic ego. But to my surprise, the best part of winning thus far is making my friends and family proud!”

Second Place : Zofia Bogusz : New York, NY
Zofia Bogusz was born in Poland in the '80s. She lives and works in New York City, where she received a degree from the School of Visual Arts. Zofia regularly exhibits her art, and enjoys doing freelance illustration. Zofia paints women against bold and dramatic landscapes, in which natural elements such as water and sunlight color the dynamic between the individual and the external world. She strives to render the balance of effortless beauty and strength that exists within the female form. Zofia’s paintings are inspired by individual histories, memories, and experiences. Pop culture imagery also plays a crucial role in her work, creating a grounded sense of the everyday. Zofia’s mediums of choice are oil paint, graphite, and colored pencils on hand-cut wood.

Third Place- Geraldine Said : Mexico City
Geraldine Said is from Mexico City and has worked at Grey Mexico as the Art Director. Currently she is living in Los Angeles and helping her husband with his boutique Ariane. Since moving to Los Angeles, Geraldine has been doing freelance work. When she isn’t working she loves immersing herself in photography and her charity organization H.A.T.

Runner's Up—Florian Mihr, Andrez J Wieteska, Mildred, Minerva T, DFRNT, Ted Stanley and Kate Fitzgerrell. Congratulations to everyone. See you next year and thanks for including me as a judge, nice work.

Related Posts by Categories



Total Pageviews