Shepard Fairey Revolutions

Saturday night’s exhibition, and ass to ass happening at the Robert Berman Gallery featured Shepard Fairey’s latest art installation, “Revolutions.” Shepard created 80 fantasy album covers celebrating his love for the lost art of vinyl packaging and hallowed record sleeve. Two unique boxed sets of Shepard prints were available for about 30 minutes in collaboration with Subliminal projects as the art frenzy took over. The exhibition was good fun and Southern Cali loves to OBEY. Live music, taco trucks and shoulder to shoulder faithful worked their way through one large gallery room installation.


Shepard Fairey describes, “...Music is visceral and accessible, but also has the additional powerful layers of the lyrics, with their content and politics, and the style,politics, and personalities of the musicians themselves. No matter how much I love art, or try to convince myself of its relevance in society, the fact remains that music is a lot cooler and way more able to reach people’s hearts and minds… but I’m a populist and I look at this way: I may not play an instrument, but I’m gonna rock it hard as nails anyway. With my art I try to capture the same energy and spirit that makes music so powerful and democratic. REVOLUTIONS is a celebration of all the great music and accompanying art that has inspired me over the years.”


Check out a great exhibition, “REVOLUTIONS ” now on display at the Robert Berman Gallery in collaboration with Obey Giant Art and Subliminal Projects featuring the Album Cover Art of Shepard Fairey. On exhibit March 12th— April 23rd at the C2 space. Check it.

Related Posts by Categories



Total Pageviews